Wednesday 23 May 2012

may 23? already?


I have been neglecting you poor blog. My first spring class is over! That was an insane 3 weeks! It took me all weekend to write the paper on the disease of my choice. I chose nephritis because my mother suffered kidney failure about 8 years ago. I was living in Vancouver at the time and had to hear about everything over the phone instead of being there. it was rough for me because my dad had died only two years previous and now my mother's life was in danger and I was far away. My cousin and I ended up selling everything we had in a garage sale, dropping out of school and coming home. I continued school here. I re-lived that a bit as I was writing about the disease and relating it back to my mother. I understand the disease a lot more now and also know how to prevent it from happening to me.

Monday was a lovely day trip to Saginaw, Michigan with one of my best friends and some of her wedding party to purchase our bridesmaid outfits. I ended up buying Damien some summer clothes at an outlet mall on the way home. Kids clothes are so addicting when you are a (new) parent. If I ever find my camera cord I may upload some pictures from that day.

We have made some progress on my thesis experiment!
Visited our lovely landfill and saw the poor bears who have become dependent on human waste as a food source...sigh
The tanks my teacher built to observe the juvenile lamprey
My very important job was to cut some mosquito mesh for the bottom of the tanks.
and sit outside in the sun while he went to get a tool we needed
The Department of Fisheries and Oceans building we are working in
I think if I ever move away the only thing I will miss is being by the river
Did you know there are foot long drill bit extensions?  I guess they are necessary though since we needed one
Filling them up with water to see how quickly they drain
In goes the lamprey baby
I think he likes  it

My compost is getting delivered tomorrow!

I found out my cat not only likes sweet pepper plants but pansies as well! Lucky thing I have a list of plants that are toxic to pets so she never gets herself into too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment